Crew members of Sunderland Flying Boats were known as ‘Webfooters’ because it was said they spent more time on water than on land.
Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust is a registered charity, and has Friends and Members all over the world. Our subscriptions help keep this important history alive for current and future generations, and it is also an ideal way for them to keep in touch with the developments at the Trust.
Become a ‘Member’ for just £100 for five years.
Membership is our second subscription category, inviting a five-year subscription, for the price of four years! Membership of the Trust is available for people who want to receive the benefits themselves, or can be given as a gift to others who have connections to Flying Boats, Maritime Heritage or to the wider heritage of the area.
Becoming a ‘Member’ of the Trust provides the following annual benefits:
- Unlimited admission to Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre, home of Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust, for the duration of your subscription.*
- Free admission for up to four additional people (adults, concessions or children) when a ‘Member’ is accompanied by others on a visit.*
- Regular copies of the Trust’s ‘Webfooter’ newsletter.
- A Sunderland lapel pin, recognising your commitment to the Trust.
- Knowing that your contribution is helping to preserve the important military, maritime, industrial and social history of south-west Wales.
If you would like to make a longer-term commitment to the Trust, you may want to consider becoming a ‘Fellow’, which offers all of the benefits above for the lifetime of the subscriber. Click here for more details.
If you would like to consider becoming a Member, please write to us at Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust, Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre, Dockyard Chapel, Meyrick Owen Way, Pembroke Dock, SA72 6WS, telephone 01646 684220, or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note: Special events or activities may require an additional fee; please contact us for specific details. Maximum of five individuals including the ‘Member’ can receive free admission during any one visit. Benefits will be renewed with the annual subscription. Members are not obliged to renew their subscription at the end of the initial five year period.