Frequently asked questions
The Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust operates the Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre.
Can we eat and drink on site?
- The Coffee Shop is located within the main hall however only goods bought in the Coffee Shop may be consumed there. No food or drinks are allowed anywhere else in the main hall.
- The Sunderland Room can be set aside for groups to eat their packed lunches but this must be booked in advance of your visit.
What happens in an emergency?
- In an emergency a loud bell will sound. Ensure that your whole group make their way to the nearest fire exit and take instruction from Heritage Centre staff and volunteers. The assembly point is located by the main gate on Meyrick Owen Way.
Where are the toilets?
- The toilets are located on the first floor of the new block; disabled facilities are on the ground floor. Children should be accompanied by a member of school staff.
How do I ensure a smooth and enjoyable visit?
- Purchase the Heritage Centre Education pack in advance of your visit
- Come and do a free ‘recce’ to familiarise yourself with the site before bringing your group
- Make sure staff have a list of names of those in the group.
- Ensure staff and pupils understand the rules of the Heritage Centre, no eating and no mobile phones in the main hall.
What information do I need to give when booking?
- The name of your school, contact details and name of group leader.
- Number of children & adults in your group
- Time of arrival and departure
- Whether the visit is to be guided by a Trust volunteer or self-guided visit
- Please let us know if your group has children with special educational needs and how we can best meet their needs.
What do I do when I arrive?
- The Heritage Centre opens at 10am – last entry for groups is 3pm (unless a special arrangement has been made)
- Please inform us at the reception desk of your arrival
- If you have booked a guided tour please wait for your volunteer guide to meet you
- Buses may park in the bays by the front gate
How can I pay?
- If you wish to pay on the day then a 10% deposit must be paid by cheque in advance and the balance paid at the beginning of the visit